Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Marvellous Meme's

One thing I'm hearing from the troops when I'm talking to people about 23 Things is "But I don't know what to blog about!" or "I don't have anything to say!" I personally believe everyone has something to say and has something that will interest someone out there, but I understand how sometimes, when sitting with that blank blogspot box looking right at you, inspiration is a little different to find.

That's where I find meme's a wonderful thing.

A meme is an idea or behaviour that passes from one person to another. In relation to blogs, it's a little idea or exercise that people pass from their blog on to their readers blogs. So for example, I would post a meme here. You, dear reader, would read it and think "That's fun, I'll do that." And then off you go and post it on YOUR blog, and the chain continues onward.

For a more detailed explanation, check out Wikipedia's entry for meme.

Now, to kick us off, I'm going to start a meme. If you do it, don't forget to post the same instructions I give below on YOUR blog.

1. Pick up the nearest book to you.

2. Turn to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence on that page.

4. Share it!

Mine is from Augusten Burroughs "Running with Scissors"

"It would be a staged suicide attempt."

Happy meme-ing people!

Kath

P.S. If you put a different type of meme on your blog, I'll do it if you leave me a comment! But you have to put it on your blog first.

1 comment:

tubetrain08 said...

What would we do without you Kath. Wish I'd known of Marvellous Meme's in high school when the teacher said "you choose the title of your essay".
By the way this is my first post to someone. I had fun adding gadgets to my blog. Ciao