I have some goals for 2009. I don't like the idea of resolutions because if they don't happen, there is this sense of failure that I don't feel is healthy. But I'm setting some goals to work towards. Let me see:
- Get more creative. More writing, more photography. I've already bought myself a two year subscription to FlickrPro, (http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_sleepydumpling/ for my photostream) in the hope that I will keep adding photos as I go. I want to purchase a good quality digital SLR camera before too much longer. I've got my eye on a Canon one.
- Spend more time on me. I love my job and am passionate about it, but I would like to focus some more on my own life outside of work.
- Find a church that suits me. That's probably the hardest one!
- Read some of my mammoth TBR pile (To Be Read) before I add to it.
- Not date any jerks ('nuff said).
- Generally just read more than I did in 2008. I lost my reading mojo a bit this past year.
- Buy a bicycle.
- Go to Perth for Christmas
I'm sure there are lots of other things I'd like to have happen over the next 12 months, but these are the ones that pop into my head at the moment.
What would you say are your goals for 2009? Post a blog to tell me about it.