Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Won! I Won!!

I got an email today from Penguin publishing to tell me that I have won Jamie Oliver's new book, "Jamie's Ministry of Food". Woot!! I'm so excited! I never win anything. And all for just getting the Penguin newsletter each month.

I think Jamie Oliver rocks. I really dig his passion for using his craft to change the world. He's not just making expensive meals at some exclusive restaurant. Nope, he's trying to change the way that Britain, and indeed the world, views food, changing nutrition and also working with getting kids off the streets and into a good solid career. You've got to admire someone with that kind of passion for what he does and for making a difference. I'm really excited about winning a copy of this latest book - anything that encourages me to cook more than I do is a good thing!

To be honest, I LOVE to cook. But I just don't bother most of the time because I'm only feeding myself. So I go for something simple, convenient and with my nutty busy lifestyle, quick. Not that I'm into junk food in a big way, but I tend to go for things I can just toss together quickly, OR I go for things I can cook up in a huge bulk lot and freeze. And it does get a bit dull - I miss spending an afternoon in the kitchen and coming up with a fabulous meal.

Maybe I need to throw more dinner parties. I am a great cook, really!

3 comments:

Anon. said...

Congratulations. Sounds like you need to cook a celebratory dinner. Allow me to be the first to volunteer as a taste tester :)

Unknown said...

I am a taste tester par excellence!
I look forward to the invite for said dinner party where i shall eat with gusto!!

Unknown said...

I am a taste tester par excellence!
I look forward to the invite for said dinner party where i shall eat with gusto!!